SAVE THE DATE
This course will be held again on
March 21 - 26, 2022.
Information contained in this site is for the 2021 program.
Information for the 2022 program not yet available.
The Comprehensive 2021 Update on Office-Based Primary Care Medicine
Taught Online by Harvard Medical School's Leading Clinical Faculty
Office Practice of Primary Care Medicine will be held online this year, using live streaming, electronic Q&A, and other remote learning technologies.
Office Practice of Primary Care Medicine provides comprehensive reviews of the most important recent advances impacting primary care medicine and guidance to assimilate these changes into practice for state-of-the-art care. Education is practical and results-focused, designed to help you optimize your approach to the wide array of conditions seen in primary care practice.
Lectures, interactive discussions, and skills advancement workshops are taught by nationally and internationally recognized leaders in their respective fields of medicine.
2021 Updates and Skills Development
This year’s lectures and workshops are fully updated with a focus on the most important clinical challenges affecting the practice of primary care medicine in 2021. Comprehensive updates of all aspects of COVID-19 will be provided. Highlights are summarized below.
Best practices for treating challenging conditions
- Comprehensive COVID-19 update for primary care practice
- Optimizing primary care for patients of color
- Guidelines for hypertension and lipid care
- Practical pointers for treating diabetes
- Updates on screening for breast, colorectal, lung, cervical, and prostate cancer
- Congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, and atrial fibrillation
- Challenging women's health cases
- Menopause management and treatment of osteoporosis
- Update on treating headaches
- Updates in men's health
- "Can't-miss" diagnoses
- Chronic cough
- Assessing and treating addictions
- Challenging rheumatology cases
- Chronic kidney disease management
- Sleep disorders: insomnia and sleep apnea
- Pre-op cardiac and pulmonary consultation
The latest evidence-based treatments and guidelines
- Using the novel anticoagulants
- COPD and solitary pulmonary nodule guidelines
- Hepatitis C and NASH
- Treating obesity: new medications, lifestyle medicine interventions, surgery
- Top primary care articles
- Complementary and integrative medicine
- Antibiotics in office practice
- Update on thyroid problems
- Common eye problems
- Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses
- Optimal pain management: opioids and non-opioids
- Motivational interviewing
- Functional assessment of the geriatric patient
Practice tips from world-renowned experts
- Telemedicine and virtual care
- Current approaches to anemia
- Diagnosis and treatment of cognitive impairment
- Challenging cases of electrolyte abnormalities
- Patient information handouts that are relevant to your practice
Education to improve your physical exam skills and use of diagnostic tools
- Evaluating lower back pain
- Hands-on evaluation of knee pain
- Physical examination of the hand, elbow, and shoulder
- Evaluation of peripheral neuropathy
- Dermatology update
- Interpreting ECGs
- Radiology: choosing the best test
Optimized for Remote Education
The 2021 program has been enhanced for distance learning. In addition to being live streamed, all sessions will be recorded and made available to participants for online viewing for 60 days after the end of the course.